Everyone thinks Sawyer is a mix, but as far as I know she’s purebred. Someone was actually pretty rude about it today at Woofstock. It’s not the first time someone has mentioned it, but the way she said was so rude. It really rattled me. Anyways moral of the story is I got Sawyer’s DNA tested so we’ll find out in about a week if she’s really full corgi or not (not that I’d love her any less)
Now, if she isn’t purebred do I have a right to go back to where I got her from and ask for money back? I didn’t get her from a breeder, I got her from a pet store (I know, I know) http://www.thepuppysplace.com/ and the I signed a contract when I got her stated she was a purebred pembroke welsh corgi (I also asked about 5 times if she was for sure purebred). What do you think?
- haleybethg reblogged this from emmathebean
- conneythecorgi likes this
- queenshiba likes this
- kipperthecorgi likes this
- shortdogs likes this
- emmathebean reblogged this from thecorgi and added:
- emmathebean likes this
- solongtodevotion likes this
- thecorgi reblogged this from sawyerthecorgi and added:
- kipperthecorgi said:I got kipper from a pet store too but he came with AKC papers. Everyone insists that he a mix because of his size but I think it’s because I got him neutered really early. He looks exactly like a corgi only smaller.
- twosillycorgis said:Sawyer looks full corgi to me. If the DNA says differently though, I would definitely get my money back. If they refuse you could contact a lawyer for free advice. I’ve gotten asked A LOT if mine are mixed since they’re a tri and a fluff.
- conneythecorgi said:I get asked if Conney is full corgi every time I go to the dog park. It’s kind of annoying, but she does look like she might be part beagle with her coloring. No one has been rude but there definitely seem to be some ppl who are snobby about it
- ohheyyyblondie said:I would. A contract is a contract. Not that it makes any difference how we love them, getting some money back may help buy more toys and noms for sawyer. Ppl have some balls to be so rude about her breed. It’s okay - I’ve been asked if Wiley was part fox lol
- shortdogs said:I get that A LOT, and I know Conney`s mom does too. I think it`s because a lot of corgis don`t look quite like show corgis, whether it`s tails, or flop ears, or off markings, or slightly longer legs. I`ve heard even tri colors and merles get it.
- thisbloodkills said:I know how you feel. My boy is surely a corgi, but because of his half a tail, I’ve had many a rudeness come up and say he wasn’t. If they won’t pay it back up front, contact the better business bureau for your area and report them
- mega-tron said:No idea about the contract, but I think a lot of people assume that purebred corgis are only the standard half white/red coloring. Ours is a tri and we always get asked if he’s a mix, too. :P
- sawyerthecorgi posted this